Well, it’s been almost six months since the American Dental Association and the Center for Disease Control shut down the dental offices of America due to the Covid-19 virus. I remember thinking that day in March that this was a temporary issue; one that would be a distant memory in a couple weeks. Boy, was I wrong!
On the contrary, Covid-19 is still an issue in our everyday lives, and my staff and I take this issue very seriously. Since we know that our health includes ideal oral health, AND that dental problems are best treated early, we’ve added extra safety measures needed to provide protection against the Covid virus to both our patients and ourselves.
- We are using multi-layer suction that eliminates more aerosols in the treatment rooms.
- We purchased staff gowns so that a new one is used on each patient. We installed a washer and dryer in the basement of the office so that these gowns can be washed and disinfected on-site.
- We all have dedicated shoes at the office so that we don’t wear them outside or in our homes to lower cross-contamination.
- We’ve purchased N95 masks and Type 3 masks (that are safer than the normal surgical masks), combining the plastic shields that add yet another layer of protection.
- We continue to screen all of our patients to ascertain they are fever-free, symptom-free and low risk for Covid-19.
- We are scheduling to maximize dental health and minimize chair time, consolidating treatment into as few visits as possible.
- We’re offering additional financial arrangements to keep your ideal dental treatment in the budget.
- Finally, we stay abreast of the current recommendations from the CDC, ADA, our county’s health department, as well as dental educational experts. Click here to see what industry experts are saying
Please feel free to call me with any concerns you may have. I’d be happy to discuss healthy dental treatments and habits for you and your family that will promote well-being and higher immunities against infection.
Stay Safe/Stay Healthy,
Betsy Tedman, DMD
Welcome to Tedman Dental!
Comprehensive. Caring. Competent. We're a dentist office located in Sabetha, Kansas, proudly serving Northeast Kansas, and specializing in dentistry with a woman's touch.
Meet our Staff Download Patient Forms
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle